The Lord could not have put together a more wonderful group of people to experience Uganda with. This was, by far, the hardest trip I have ever been on and at the same time the most wonderful. The Lord has used this group of twenty something people to accomplish great things. We have been on an emotional roller together. I want to say thank you to my teammates for your hearts and for your encouragement.
Since I have come home, I continue to run into Romans 8:28. Of all verses to keep thinking about, I struggle the most with this one. It says, "In ALL THINGS God works for the good of those who love Him." That means ALL THINGS- oppression, injustice, poverty, disease, etc. As you are overwhelmed with all of those things, it leads you to questioning. Today, I decided to open up my online study bible and see what it had to say regarding this verse. It says, that in all things God works together with those who love Him to bring about what is good. Reading it that way, takes on a whole new meaning because He has done exactly this! My teammates can testify that He has been at work in us to bring about what is good!
Following reading the study notes in my bible, I read Ann Voskamp's blog entry. It was just what I needed to hear! I think about the children in Africa. There are very important things that I feel are withheld from them at times, but Jesus never withholds Himself from these kids. And, as I keep learning, He is enough. I pray for more of Jesus in the lives of these children that are on my heart and mind.
"And the good things in life are not health but holiness, not the riches of this world but relationship with God, not our plans but His presence — and He withholds no good thing from us because good things aren’t ever things.
He doesn’t withhold Jesus from us.
And no matter where we are, we can always have as much of Jesus as we want.
We can always have as much of God as we want."
1 comment:
OH....great great quote. Hits home for me!
Post a Comment