God speaks through children at times to show adults more of Himself. I think about Marvin all the time and I miss him so much. Yesterday he was on my heart and mind all day. Fear crept in and I kept thinking to myself, "What if something ever happened to him? Would people there let me know? Do they even know how much this little boy means to me? What if he is more than just a hard sleeper and something really is wrong?" These thoughts led me to prayer. I prayed for his health and for his life. I thanked God for placing him in my life.
Later on in the day, I am convicted by how much I worry about things that are completely out of my control. I know God takes care of him, so there is no benefit to me worrying about his physical and emotional health. I asked God for the ability to TRUST him with all things in my life, rather than live in fear.
Tonight I am in a store shopping for things for Uganda. A little black boy comes running down the aisle with a big smile on his face and hugs me. I am caught off guard because I wasn't expecting a big hug from a little black child that I have never seen before, but I hug him back and ask how he is doing. He replies with a big smile, "I am just fine". I ask him what his name is and he says "Marvin" and runs off.
My eyes fill with tears. I asked God for ability to trust, and he sends a little black child named Marvin running down an aisle to give me a hug. That was a gift from Him alone! It was His way of telling me that he hears me, He is in control, and He is a God who cares about us more than we can understand. He is a God that we can trust. I get in the car and this song is playing and I believe these words even more.
"One thing remains"
Your love never fails, it never gives up, it never runs out on me
On and on and on and on it goes
It overwhelms and satisfies my soul
And I never ever have to be afraid
One thing remains
In death and in life I'm confident and covered by the power of your great love
1 comment:
LOVE this story! Gave me goosebumps. It is so amazing how much our heavenly Father loves us!
Love ya Girl.... Amanda
Post a Comment