Sometimes you have to go through deep waters so that you know how deep He anchors us. I read something along those lines today. Hebrews 6: 19 says that He is the sure and steadfast anchor of our souls. That verse brings so much comfort when you are embarking on a journey that requires complete faith and trust in Him. That's been my life since January and ya'll, He did it! I walked forward in obedience (often fearfully) and He continued to assure me that He would provide. Since the end of January, the most amazing things have happened that I can take no credit for. I wasn't a big fan of having to raise support. It's a humbling process that I struggled with in the beginning, but now I am so thankful for. It's hard for me to quit a job that pays and do something that depends on faith and monetary donations. But, he continued to remind me that I didn't have to carry the burden of raising almost 50,000 dollars. He was bigger than that and He is more than capable of providing financial needs. The support came in and continues to come, allowing me to have more opportunities in ministry (the fundraising meter is not fully updated if you are looking at it). The same is true for my ministry partner and He answered prayers that we could leave on the same day to begin our teamwork in Uganda.
I want to share two of my stories. I have so many wonderful ones! I received a large donation from a person in Dadeville, Alabama that I have never met. She saw me on TV (my parents church in Montgomery, Alabama broadcasts their services). She wrote me a note and said she felt God leading her to send a check to me to support my work in Uganda. No one at my parents church has connections to this lady and she remains a complete stranger. That's how God works y'all. I am so thankful for her obedience to what she felt God asking her to do.
The next story is about another couple I had never met. My mom met a lady and told her that she had a daughter moving to Africa. This lady said she always thought she would move to Africa. God gave her a heart for Africa and due to circumstances in life, she has never made it. But, now she felt like God was telling her to send me. This couple are now faithful supporters. I got to meet them when I was home and it was neat to hear her tell me that God had a purpose for her heart for Africa years later. She wanted to use her heart for Africa to help send me. Wow!
The next big challenge I faced was selling my house. I knew I couldn't leave until it sold. And, of course, it did sell and in perfect timing. And, I got what I wanted for it. I have no ability to sell a house and as great as my realtor is, I give credit to the One who provided a buyer in perfect timing.
Then I worried about my emotional state. How could I leave my family? It got harder when I found out that I would miss the birth of my niece. I also have the greatest friends in Nashville and the thought of leaving them was overwhelming at times. My church family is incredible. No church is perfect, but gosh Grace Community Church is a place where I have grown so much and been able to live in community with church members like never before. There is a family who took me in and loved me and kinda became my extended family since mine lived far away. I knew saying goodbye to them would be hard for me. And then God reminded me that all these people were going to struggle too. And somehow in the combination of my sadness and their sadness, I felt so loved and comforted knowing that I was leaving with a lot of people supporting me and loving me. And again the Lord continued to remind me that He would take care of my family and friends.
Many people have been asking me how i am doing with all the goodbyes, and I really am ok. God has brought me so far and done so much and shown me all these people who love me and support me. That leaves me thankful and rejoicing even when goodbyes are hard.
I don't want to give the impression that this whole journey has been smooth and easy. There have been challenges along the way that have been very stressful. There is a lot of planning that has to take place when you move overseas. Not all of the planning has gone smoothly. There are friendships that have had to change and that has been hard. There are people that don't fully support what I'm doing and have become distant and that's hard. But in all these challenges, He has kept me and reminded me that He is our anchor.
I am about to board this plane to Uganda and I am so excited. He broke my heart for these children in need of love, hope, safety, and family. But when He breaks us, it is for His glory and He is faithful to put us back together. And He puts us back together in a way that prepares us for what He has in store. He gives us passions and abilities to do great things in His name. He gives us mercy and grace when we don't get it right in a new environment. He helps us overcome our fears. He heals us and makes us brave. And, He makes us ready to leave at the time He ordains. So, Im ready. MJ is ready and we rejoice in all that He has done to bring us to this day. So as you pray, thank Him for getting us to this point and know that whatever you have in front of you, He is able to do more than you can ask or imagine. Hopefully our stories are living proof of that.
No comments:
Post a Comment