It has been a little while since I have blogged and so many wonderful things have happened. Not a day has gone by that I have not talked about Uganda, thought about Marvin and Helen, and wished that I could go back. I have continued to pray and ask God for direction. I haven't known much, but I have known that I have to go back.
I started looking up trips, talking with people and different ministries and praying for direction. There was a trip with Visiting Orphans in October that still had vacancies. I talked with my friend Melissa who was interested in going and we decided to take a few weeks and pray about joining this team. We set a date to talk on May 13th, Mothers Day. When I told people that I might go back in October, people reacted by saying, "Oh- that is soon". It felt like a really long time to me.
As I was praying, I started receiving emails very frequently from Damalie. We started sharing prayer requests and as I prayed for her and those babies, I felt even more connected to life over there. Amazima needed some volunteers one week at their Nashville office, so I went in and helped. I got to talk with some girls there about life in Jinja. A friend and coworker, named Lauren, started asking me questions about my trip, knew that God was calling her to Uganda and signed up to go in October! A former coworker left on a team to go to Canaan's, where Marvin and Helen live, and I sent some letters to them through her. They both sent letters back to me asking when I could come back. I opened those letters at work one day and spent my lunch break in the bathroom crying. The letter from Marvin said, "I love you so much. Thank you for everything you have done for me. I miss you everyday. When are you coming back?". He will never know how much that letter meant to me.
I wanted to go back so bad, but did God want me to go back or was there some self serving purpose of why I wanted to go? Is it too soon to go in October? Is it the best financial decision? On a long trip in the car on May 13, I was praying specifically about the finances. One hour later, I get a text from a friend and had 800 dollars towards the trip. With Uganda still consuming my heart and mind and 800 dollars of the trip taken care of, I called Melissa and told her that I think I should sign up. I was so excited to hear her say that she felt like she should go too!
God is so good and so faithful! Melissa, Lauren, and I are headed to Uganda October 13-27. Since signing up, God continues to confirm that this is right. I am so thankful to be able to go back! I have no idea what is going to happen, but I am so excited to see what He has in store for us!
No comments:
Post a Comment