Thursday, April 26, 2012

In one of my first blog entries, I wrote about how poverty becomes personal when you spend a week with the people in Korah. I watched another video about Korah the other day and it brought a smile to my face to see some of my friends on this video. These are some of the same children that offered me their food at lunch time, who I sang songs with, who I painted their fingernails, and who taught me so much about what gratitude looks like. How can a person who has so little be so grateful? I come back to America and I think the opposite, how can a person who has SO much be so ungrateful? I don't think as a child I ever thanked God for allowing me to go to school, but I watched these kids praise God for providing them with an education. They thank God for providing food and clothing and water. I think God is using this little village of Korah to show people what it looks like to "give thanks in all circumstances."

No comments: