Friday, April 13, 2012


Meet Marvin. He is the little boy that I fell in love with. He is 4 years old and both of this parents are deceased. He lives at Canaan Children's Home in Jinja, Uganda. The first full day there he came running at me 90 mph and plopped himself in my lab. Less than a minute later he was sound asleep. I tried to wake him up after a few minutes and he wouldn't move. I thought he was unconscious or had some type of seizure disorder because he would not wake up. Finally he jumped up, smiled, and ran off. Later he did the same thing and I carried him to his bed where he took a 3 hour nap. The next day he found me at church, crawled in my lap and slept through the service in my lap. For the remainder of my time there he would run up to me so fast, crawl in my lap and go to sleep .Everyday when I would come out of the dorm, this little guy would see me and run so fast to me. It was so sweet. Through the many hours he spent sleeping on my lap, I fell in love with him. It was so hard to tell him goodbye. I don't know how I did it without crying, because I still have cried almost every day since getting back because I miss him so much. He is not able to be adopted or he would be mine! But, he was one of the children there who needed sponsership and now I am his sponser! The pastor who runs the orphanage prays that all these children would be raised up to be leaders and impact their country for the glory of God. I pray that for little Marvin too that God will use Him in mighty ways. He already used his little life to bring so much joy to mine! His picture now is everywhere I look- on my phone, my computer, the walls of my house. I can't wait to go back and visit him!

3 comments:

Dave Stanley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dave Stanley said...

Love reading your blogs. God used you in mighty ways. Love you friend. Can't wait to get together when we get back and catch up and hear about it in person. -Karen-

Dorothy said...

Oh Court....whew. I can only read a small bit at a time! My heart just can't take it!! Love love love